Can you believe that we are already in the final month of 2019? As we wrap up this year and plan for 2020 we look back on the year that was. Our directors Mike and Alex Stamatiadis share some of the highlights from 2019, their reflections on the industry, and key focus for 2020.
We achieved several milestones in 2019, which included achieving our level 1 B-BBEE status!
“During the year we were able to strengthen our relationships with our key customers and start new relationships with customers that made the change to Bearings 2000. We strive to continue to simplify the supply of industrial supplies and offer friction-free service”, says Alex.
Other highlights included:
- The successful implementation of a digital bar-coded warehouse management system across our branch network
- Launch of our state-of-the-art training center and held our first bearings knowledge workshop for our customers and staff
- Uplifting members of our team through ongoing training initiatives and project management learnerships for our interns enrolled in the internship program
- Contributing to our local community through our involvement in the Sithanda Upliftment Program
- We celebrated with our fellow South Africans as the Springboks sent the country into celebrations in October 2019 by lifting the Rugby World Cup trophy
Looking back at the past year, Mike shares, “perhaps my biggest highlight of 2019 is the people that make up Bearings 2000. We are very proud of the relationships that we have with each other. Our team members are always willing to help each other, strive to improve, and no task is ever too difficult. Most importantly we have FUN doing it! We spend a large portion of our lives at the workplace and I feel that having good relationships at work is important.”
Reflections on the bearings industry in 2019
“These are tough economic times in South Africa, especially in the manufacturing and mining sectors, which had a negative impact on the industry in 2019,” says Mike.
“We understand that our customers are under pressure and we strive to do our part in assisting them in weathering the storm by simplifying the supply of industrial products. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver friction-free service that allows our customers to complete their jobs and projects without delays and additional costs,” says Mike.
On the topic of counterfeit bearings, Alex shares, “counterfeit bearings have become an epidemic in South Africa, especially during 2019. Many of our customers have been affected by counterfeits and Schaeffler SA has successfully conducted numerous raids of counterfeit bearings over the course of the year”.
If you haven’t done so yet, read our article about counterfeit bearings and the problem the industry faces, how it can affect you, and how to avoid being supplied with fake bearings.
Our plans for 2020
We will continue to build relationships and add value to our customers in 2020.
Training and education for our customers will be a key focus area for the next year. We will provide on-site training courses, online training tutorials, and continue to share interesting and helpful information through our blog on our website (and monthly newsletters).
In addition, 2020 will allow us to:
- Share updates and further information with our customers on the counterfeit epidemic in order to better educate buyers on how to avoid being supplied a counterfeit and decrease the negative impact it may have
- Launch our online presence (so watch this space!)
- Continue to give back to the community through various initiatives that we are passionate about
It’s been a tough year but also a very rewarding one. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you, our customers, for your continued support.
We wish you all the best over the festive season. Enjoy a well-deserved rest and time with your family. We look forward to another great year together in 2020!
Best wishes and regards,
The Bearings 2000 team