What is SKF’s three-barrier solution?
The three-barrier solution by SKF offers best-in-class conveyor performance with the following solutions for complete housing units:
- Barrier 1 – Consists of SKF Plummer block housings with taconite seals
- Barrier 2 – Biodegradable SKF grease is used in the space between the seal and the bearing
- Barrier 3 – A SKF sealed spherical roller bearing is used instead of an open (unsealed) bearing.
Why SKF’s three-barrier solution?
The SKF three-barrier solution results in three times the average lifetime when implemented in an application, which results in up to 92% conveyor uptime.
What’s more, the upgraded SKF three-barrier solution saves businesses up to 90% of the time and cost of greasing and substantially increases safety for maintenance workers.
Who can benefit from the solution?
- Industries with harsh operating conditions such as mining, cement, quarries, ports, chemicals, and sugar.
- Conveyors functioning in harsh conditions where contamination remains prevalent.
- Increases Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Reduces maintenance
- Facilitates lubrication
- Allows condition monitoring
- Reduces unplanned downtime
- Increases productivity
If you’re interested in the upgraded SKF Three-barrier system, reach out to one of B2K’s key account managers who will answer all your questions.