Large-size bearings that have been stored for long periods or that have been moved around from location to location could have endured internal damage. As such, we recommend that the bearings are intricately assessed and remanufactured before fitting.
Remanufacturing of large-size bearings stored over lengthy periods
Remanufacturing of large-size bearings stored over long periods can be a complex process, as the bearings may have sustained damage due to rust, corrosion, or several other factors.
The B2K Remanufacturing Process
Units that have been stored for long periods or that have been moved around from location to location could have endured internal damage. As such, the B2K and SKF reman center intricately assess how long the units have been in storage along with the quality of the preservatives still applied.
Our reman program entails meticulous cleaning, inspecting, analysing, and recertifying of the ball and roller bearings, giving you peace of mind that your large-size bearings are in sound condition and ready to fit.
- The first step in remanufacturing such bearings is to thoroughly inspect them to determine the extent of any damage. This may involve using non-destructive testing methods such as ultrasonic testing or a magnetic particle inspection to check for cracks, surface defects, or other issues.
- If the bearing surfaces are found to be in poor condition, they may need to be cleaned and resurfaced to remove rust and corrosion. This may involve using a variety of techniques, such as shot blasting or bead blasting to remove surface contaminants.
- Once the bearings have been cleaned and resurfaced, they will need to be reassembled and lubricated. The lubrication process is important to ensure that the bearings operate smoothly and that they are protected from rust and corrosion.
- It may be also necessary to replace some of the internal parts of the bearing such as rings, balls, or rollers if they have been damaged or worn over time.
- After remanufacturing, it’s essential to test the bearing to assess its performance and confirm that it meets the required specifications.
For more information, speak to one of our B2K sales consultants.